The Freelance Way - Best Business Practices, Tools & Strategies for Freelancers
Jan Melvil Publishing
Freelancing is by far the simplest approach to doing business on the free market. With very little capital, risk and equipment, you can turn gigs and side jobs into a successful business career, become your own boss and do meaningful, well-paid work.
Yet over time, freelancing may also prove to be quite a challenge for your self-management, for a freelancer is both an expert and a businessperson. Failing to recognize this leads many freelancers to a bitter end, so developing both your expertise and business skills is essential for attaining sustainable professional growth and better profits.
There’s just one more catch. You may soon find out that the rules for success written for companies and startups lack relevance for freelancers. Freelancing is so distinct, that what you need isn’t just any business strategy, but the freelance strategy. In other words, you need this book.
The Freelance Way is THE business book for independent professionals. It presents the best available and fully up-to-date freelance know-how, compiled from hundreds of quality sources, including surveys, the latest market data, advice from world-class experts, as well as real-life experiences and stories from hundreds of professionals in different fields and countries, which makes the book highly relevant to freelancers worldwide.
The contents of this volume cover all the basics and best practices for beginning freelancers, as well as advanced career strategies and tools for freelance veterans. There are practical tips for greater productivity, successful teamwork, smart pricing, powerful business negotiations, bulletproof personal finance, effective marketing, and much more.
Regardless if you've been in business for 20 years, or are just starting out, this book will help you to grow, avoid countless mistakes and develop a successful personal business based on your expertise and good name, to live a free, independent, and fulfilled life.
This book will help you if:
- You are a freelancer.
- You are dealing with freelance problems that people around you don’t understand.
- You are considering quitting your job to freelance and are afraid to take risks.
- You are just starting out in small business.
- You have been freelancing for a long time and want to acquire new business skills.
- You are thinking about your career strategy and where will you be in ten or twenty years.
- You are doing gigs alongside your daily job or studies and it already resembles a business.
- You are self-employed, working for a single client and want to be more independent.
- You are running a company or agency founded by you and on your good name.
- You want to understand freelancers, freelancing and the gig economy in general.